Friday 3 January 2014

New Year ~ New You!!

"Everyday gets longer. 
Brings just a little more light. 
And my horizons change 
As the weeks speed by"

January comes after a month of celebrations. At the end of the party, when we wind up, we are full with memories. As promised in the earlier blog there are a lot of things lined up. But I do not want to empty my pocket on the first day itself. Confused, I went on a stroll in Second Life.


You may visit the place here.

In the foggy January morning, I wanted to give a shot at photography again. I played around with the day preset editor to get the fog effect. The following is a raw snapshot with the fog effect. Unless I learn, the photography part III would not be coming out. In the snapshot, the environment is definitely foggy, however, there is a lot to do with the shadow effects on the avatar.You may want to visit Strawberry Singh's tutorials to learn how to shade.


Why did I choose photography today?

There is a contest conducted by Linden Labs. "New Year~ New You"

Entry to the contest is from January 1st, 2014 and ends on February 9th, 2014. The winner gets a lump sum of  L$10,000, followed by first, second and third runners up with L$ 5000, L$ 3000, L$ 1000 respectively.

Which photograph did I enter?


Why this photograph?

It portraits my old avatar of 2012 (small below), 2013 (small above) and my current (on sofa)2014. This picture is a memory of my journey from 9th March, 2012. As my avatar has evolved, so have I as an individual. Now I have a family with my sl/rl husband and two cute sl daughters. 

What have I worn?

Skin from Leona, Shape from Sophisticates, Hair from Exile, Outfit from Gizza (April group gift), Shoes from Bootgasm, Bangles from Zahra's.

Links to Join the contests with the theme "New Year ~ New You"

  • http://www.flickr.com/photos/libbyfarleigh/11419734416/in/pool-fusion-magazine-contests (ending jan 18th)
  • https://www.facebook.com/secondlife/app_595043243850005 (ending feb 9th)
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment